Interior window shutters are installed for the purpose of decoration. However, they play other roles including offering protection against allergies, providing privacy and insulating the home. Installing Wooden Shutters requires meticulous considerations to ensure that they serve their purpose. It is not automatic that this purpose will be served. To successfully install these shutters, here are important considerations to make.
Do I need shutters in my house?
Each home and room is unique. The fact that you saw a beautiful house with or without shutters is not a reason for you to install or not install. The first decision you have to make is whether you need these shutters or not. Here are reasons why you should consider having shutters in your house.
- Beauty- shutters are used to augment the aesthetics of a house. Wooden shutters add a flare of class when added inside or outside the house. The wood will fit into a traditional design because of its natural appeal as well as add a tone of class to modern designs. You will never get it wrong when you use wood for your shutters.
- Privacy- the minute you close your wooden shutters, no one can see what is going on in your house. They are therefore perfect for town and even plantation houses. You will have full control over your life.
- Value of the house- shutters are used to raise the value of a house. They give an impression of a meticulously built house. They also make the house to appear well cared for. This will drastically increase its value.
- Protection against allergies- shutters are the best alternative to cloths and other materials used in manufacture of curtains. They do not trap dust and are easy to keep clean. They will therefore not expose your children to allergic reactions. You will never have to bring the curtains down every so often in order to clean them. They only require wiping periodically.
- Long term- shutters are durable compared to curtains or other materials you might use. Wooden shutters will last for decades and even a lifetime without the need for replacement. This saves you money and makes them eco friendly.
- Sound proofing- shutters are a perfect way to keep sound out of your room. Wood does not allow as much sound through as curtains would. This allows you to perform multiple functions with the same shutters.
What Type of Shutters do you need for your house?
Shutters will be customized for your house. Failure to consider the opening mechanism, size and functions of your windows will lead to trouble using the same window. Some shutters may prevent your windows from opening. Others may make it difficult to get light whenever you need it. The method of installation might also not fit the material you have used for your house. Seek the assistance of a specialist to assess your shutter needs and make a recommendation. The only way to get the shutters installed properly is by knowing the kind you need for your house.
Each house and room has unique measurements. Before you order shutters for your house, request a technician to visit and take accurate measurements. This allows you to make considerations for opening as well as ensure that shutters do not interfere with lighting. Different brands might also capture different dimensions. Work with an experienced technician who understands the dynamics of successful installation of shutters.
Consider the Hinges
An allowance must be provided for hinges. This allows the shutters to open and get out of the way. You have two options when mounting. You may opt for frame mounting which is a straight forward technique where you utilize the shutter frame over the existing window. The frame of your window must have the requisite depth to accommodate fastening without affecting the amount of light coming into your room or its quantity. You may also opt for direct mounting where the hinge is attached directly on the frame. In either of the cases, a decision must be made whether they will be mounted around the opening or within the recess of the window. Shutters Newcastle